When trying to log into SAP through our software, you get an error saying "Unable to load DLL: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT; 0x8007007E)"
SAP GUI versions 740 and lower
This error will occur if the SAP GUI has not been installed correctly on the machine you are using.
- Uninstall and re-install the SAP GUI.
- Check SAP GUI Installation
- If you have been asked to do this as part of an ongoing support ticket interaction, please reply to the current email thread including a screenshot of the result of the SAP GUI installation check. If instead you would like to open a new case with Winshuttle, contact Support using this information as reference.
Winshuttle is legally prohibited from supplying the file librfc32.dll, but we have an intermediate solution that should be considered during installations:
- Read the attached document to obtain the proper .dll
- Ensure that SAP GUI is installed on the system that Winshuttle is installed on
- Copy the existing 'librfc32.dll' from the 'system32' folder to the 'syswow64' folder
- Replace the 'librfc32.dll' in the 'system32' folder with the x64bit
- Winshuttle software requires the librfc32.dll file in order to make a connection to SAP. This file is typically setup during installation of the SAP GUI, however if it is missing or incorrectly placed, you will see this error.