Customers who cannot record or run Non-Batch Transaction scripts on a given SAP system may not be able to call SAP transactions over RFC without any of the following (in order of preference):
- Installation of Winshuttle Function Module
- Elevated SAP Access: Auth object S_DEVELOP, activity 16, object name *, and object type SCAT.
- ECATT/CATT enabled on the specific SAP server
- Removal of the authorization check that was inserted by SAP
- Transaction/Query Function Module 10.5
- Winshuttle Function Module 10.6, 10.7, 11.0
The primary cause of the problem relates to Support Package 24, however, related notes or packages in other SAP BASIS versions also result in this problem. For further details see the attached document 'Winshuttle Transaction: SAP BASIS 7.00 Support Package 24 - no batch-input scripts stopped working' (WS_SupportPack24Issue.pdf).
Winshuttle function module is required when:
- SAP ECC 6 Enhancement Pack 4 and above (SAP BASIS 700 Support Package 24 and above) have been installed on the client environment. The attached document, Winshuttle Security.pdf, provides the patch levels affected.
- The function module is installed on the SAP Server and normally the Basis team moves the function module to the SAP server via SPAM/SAINT. Complete instructions are included in the Winshuttle Function Module installation files.
- To facilitate over 1,300 Winshuttle customer installations to continue running existing Winshuttle scripts against their productive SAP systems, a Winshuttle Function Module effectively replicates the capabilities of the legacy SAP function module components that were changed by SAP.
- This approach does not detract from the customer’s system integrity or security model, nor does it represent any added vulnerability to a given SAP system beyond the state prior to the application of the SAP support package.
- Please note from 10.6 Winshuttle Function Module is a single installer for both Transaction and Query. Previous versions before 10.5 have separate Function Modules for Transaction and Query.
- The function modules have been SAP Certified as of 10.5 for Query and Transaction and the Winshuttle Function Module as of 10.6 (see SAP Certification.pdf attached)